The heart of the 880Rack is its multi-voltage switch mode power supply capable of delivering 3-amps of constant current to the 500-Series voltage rails and the solid performer to run even power hungry Class A based modules. It also allows the 880Rack to be plugged into any 100-250V AC power source globally.
Chameleon’s engineers have paid extreme attention to ensure clean audio paths, free of parasitic noises and cross talk. Signal input and output flexibility is provided through connection via XLR connectors or a DB25 8-channel harness. The output signal of the first seven channels can be routed to the input stage of the next channel, allowing you to easily rout signals internally instead of through cumbersome patch cables.
The enclosure features an aluminum carrying handle for easy re-positioning and movement. The unit also ships with rack ears allowing easy rack mounting (3RU) when desired. Chameleon has also taken the step to pre-mount four protective aluminum channel panels for slots that remain unused.
The 880Rack provides a universal and robust power source for you 500-Series modules in a well thought out, flexible, and fully featured package.
User Controlled Functions
- On/Off Switch Mounted on front panel
- Internal Pass Through Switch: Forwards Output signal to next channel’s input stage
- Slot Panels: 4 each aluminum panels
- Rubber Mounts: 4 each rubber feet
- Aluminium Handle: 1 each aluminum handle
- Rack Ears: 2 each steel rack ears for 19-inch rack mounting (3RU)
- Blue Power LEDs : Power rail LEDs – +16V / -16V / +48V
- Configuration : Internally mounted
- Primary : 100-240V AC (50/60 Hz)
- Secondary : +16V – 3 amps, -16V – 3 amps, +48V – 0.6 amps
- 3 RU Steel enclosure – black powder coat